June 8, 2016 by linkloops
What is the difference between <section>, <aside> and <div> tag?
The <section> element:
- <section> tag is a HTML5 element similar to <div>.
- It is a general container element. It is used for “section” of webpage that have group of related content.
- <section> is semantic element. It has inherent meaning.
The <aside> element:
- <aside> tag is a HTML5 element similar to <section>.
- It is used for tangentially related content ie for left and right side bars. Hence the name “aside”.
- <aside> is semantic element. It has inherent meaning.
The <div> element:
- <div> tag is used for sections of a web page that don’t have a more appropriate tag.
- <div> has no meaning on its own.